When Jesus Christ was asked what the greatest commandment was, he shared the following answer:
“‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”
– Matthew 22:37-40
To turn unbelievers into believers; believers into followers, followers into disciples, and disciples into the Image of Jesus Christ in the following areas:
Experience God – Celebrate Life – Reach People
We Experience God when we experience His presence. We experience God when we experience His Word displacing darkness and lies in our heart. God wants us to know Him on a more intimate level than someone we read about in the Bible. Therefore we design our church gatherings and our conversations in such a way as to experience a deeper and more intimate friendship with Him.
We Celebrate Life when we honor each and every human with dignity and respect. We celebrate one another’s joys and help carry their burdens during times of pain and pressure. Life is precious and all of its experiences contain meaningful opportunity to know God in a deeper manner. Therefore we look below the surface and seek God at a level that transforms us in the depths of our heart.
We Reach People by representing Jesus Christ to others. There is a sense in which we, as Christians, are incarnations of Christ to the world around us. Jesus wants to reach people through us. Its not so much about us reaching people for Him. Jesus brings His presence, power and love to bear in every situation in which He is invited. Therefore we invite Him to go everywhere with us. As we live up to that calling and behavior, we reach people to the highest degree possible.
- We believe that the Bible is inspired by God and we declare His design and plan for mankind.
- We believe that there is only one true God revealed in three persons… Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (commonly known as the Trinity).
- We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ – God’s son Jesus was both human and divine.
- We believe that though originally good, man willingly fell into sin, ushuring evil and death – both physical and spiritual, into the world.
- We believe that every person can have restored fellowship with God through salvation (accepting Christ’s forgiveness for sin).
- We believe and practice two ordinances
a. Water baptism by immersion. After repending of one’s sins and receiving Christ’s gift of salvation, and
b. Holy communion as a symbolic remembrance of Christ’s suffering and death for our salvation.
- We believe that the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is a special experience following salvation which empowers believers for witnessing and effective service, just as it did in New Testament times.
- We believe that the initial physical evidence of the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is Speaking in Tongues, as experienced on the Day of Pentecost and referenced throughout Acts and the Epistles.
- We believe that sanctification initially occurs at salvation and is not only a declaration that a believer is holy, but also a progressive lifelong process of separating from evil as believers continually draw closer to God and become more Christ-like.
- We believe that the Church has a mission to seek and save all who are lost in sin. We believe ‘the Church’ is the Body of Christ and consists of the people who, throughout time, have accepted God’s offer of redemption (regardless of religious denomination) through the sacrificial death of His Son, Jesus Christ.
- We believe that a divinely called and scriptually ordained leadership ministry serves the chruch. The Bible teaches that each of us under leadership must commit ourselves to reach others for Christ, to worship Him with other believers, and to build up or edify the body of believers – the church.
- We believe that divine healing of the sick is a privilege for Christiands today and is provided for in Christ’s atonement (His sacrificial death on the cross for our sins).
- We believe in the blessed hope when Jesus Recaptures His church prior to His return to Earth (commonly known as the Second Coming). At this future moment in time, all believers who have died will rise from their graves and will meet the Lord in the air, and Christians who are alive will be caught up with them, to be with the Lord forever.
- We believe in the Millennial Reign of Christ, when Jesus returns with His saints at His second coming and begins His benevolent rule over the Earth for 1,000 years. At that time, many in the nation of Israel will recognize and accept him as the messiah, the Savior who died for them and all mankind.
- We believe that a final judgement will take place for those who have rejected Christ. They will be judged for their sin and consigned to eternal punishment in a punishing lake of fire.
- We believe and look forward to the perfect new heavens and new Earth that Christ is preparing for all people of all time who have accepted Him as their Lord and Savior. We will live and dwell with Him there forever, following His millennial reign on Earth. And so shall we forever be with the Lord.